June 5, 2020
Dear Church Family,
In a COVID-19 world, everyone in our culture is asking the same tough question: What does it look like slowly and safely to resume normal life in the weeks and months ahead?
We are extremely excited about seeing everyone in person and thank our Lord for the re-opening of our church. We want to protect lives and guard against the spread of this virus. At the same time, we believe that corporate worship is a means of grace, crucial for the long-term spiritual and mental health of believers and our families.
Therefore, our goal is gradually to resume public gatherings with wise precautions (mirroring Gov. Wolf’s process for reopening Pennsylvania). Since things can change quickly in a global pandemic, we have adopted this plan as a “general roadmap,” knowing that it will be changed, clarified, and refined as new information arises. We hope you won’t find the plan overwhelming; rather, we hope it will help you visualize where we’re going as a church, Lord willing, in the weeks and months ahead.
Please pray for God to be glorified through all we do.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, suggestions, or concerns.
Pastors Aris and Frederick on behalf of the Elders.
Re-Opening Plan – Phase 2 (Yellow: Limited In-Person Gatherings)Introduction:
- After the stay-at-home order lifts in Philadelphia County (currently scheduled for June 5th) and we move to Governor Tom Wolfe’s Yellow phase, STF will wait at least two additional weeks before gathering.
- We will tentatively resume small in-person gatherings on Sunday, June 21st and beyond (during the Yellow Phase) as outlined below.
- Limited to 25 people (including worship team members), so that seating arrangements can maintain proper physical distancing. We will use every two pews to seat people.
- Different teams will be created to attend church on a weekly rotation (see the survey below). More information will be sent about this in another correspondence.
- Services will be live-streamed for those who are unable to attend.
- Sunday school, nursery, and children’s church will not be available.
Click HERE to fill out a survey that will help with planning. Survey due by June 11.